In-house Programming Courses
Training at your venue
We offer training on your premises, regardless of your location.
If you have at least 5 people to attend training, we can present the course anywhere you want. This can be on your premises, or at a venue of your choice nearby.
Advantages and disadvantages
There are advantages and disadvantages to in-house training. If you are not in Johannesburg or Pretoria, in-house training is your best option. Be aware of the disadvantages, so that you take steps to make the training more effective.
- Your developers are on site, and available for emergencies.
- Because your developers are on site, they are often called out of the course even if it is not an emergency. This is disruptive to everyone on the course, and bad news for the person called out. Why? He or she will miss important sections of work and fall behind. There is not enough time to repeat everything every time someone misses part of the course.
- No extra travelling! This is particularly important for developers who may have transport constraints.
- Often your venue is not suitable for training. There may not be enough space, or it may be too noisy or too hot.
- Only your developers are on the course, so they can discuss topics relating to their work.
- Your developers aren't exposed to other developers with diﬀerent approaches and scenarios. Diversity enhances creativity.
Requirements for in-house training
If you want the training on your premises, you must make sure you have appropriate facilities.
- The venue must be suitable for training:
- There must be enough space for everyone to have a computer and space to write.
- The venue must be available for the full duration of the course. It wastes time if we have to move to a different room every day.
- Make sure there is enough light and ventilation. We recommend a (working) air-conditioner to ensure a comfortable temperature.
- The room should be quiet and separate. An open-plan office is not acceptable.
- Every delegate must have his/her own computer.
- Have the relevant software installed before the start of the course, to save time. We can bring the software, but the delegates must have administrator rights to install it.
- You must ensure internet access for the delegates as well as the lecturer.
- There must be a large whiteboard with whiteboard markers.
- Make refreshments easily available for the delegates and the lecturer. It wastes valuable time if people have to move between floors or queue at canteens during breaks. We usually request that you provide lunch for the lecturer.
Let us help you
Please contact us for more information. We can help you to identify your training needs, and we can give you different options.