About Our Programming Courses
Here's what you can expect from an Incus Data programming course:
- Your Incus Data lecturer has knowledge and practical experience in the technology.
Our lecturers do ongoing research to keep their knowledge up to date.
- Your Incus Data lecturer is an experienced and skilled presenter.
You will never have to listen to someone reading from a presentation.
- Our lecturers are full-time Incus Data employees, not contractors hired for the course. They do well if the company does well.
This means they care about making sure that you enjoy and learn from the course.
- Unless it is an in-house course, there will be people from other companies on the course.
So you will have a chance to meet new people, and to find out how other developers think and work.
- We limit the number of delegates on each course.
This means the lecturer can give personal attention and help to every delegate.
Course Material and Computer Access
- Every delegate has access to a computer to use during the course. You will not share computers.
You are welcome to bring your own laptop, but you don't have to.
- We provide the software that you use on the course. We use free software, so you may take a copy of the software to use at home or at work.
- The course price includes either an Incus Data manual or a textbook.
Depending on the course, you might get extra handouts. You can also access our technical articles as supplementary material.
- The course consists of theory and practial exercises. We expect you to try the exercises we give you. This is very important: writing code is a core part of the learning experience.
- You will get an attendance certificate at the end of the course. To get the certificate, you must attend at least 80% of the course, and take part in the practical exercises.
- Yes, you will have wi-fi access. No, we will not be happy if you spend all your time on FaceBook or WhatsApp.
- There is no test or exam at the end of the course. But we give you a voucher to write our Incus Data assessment within 6 months of the course.
Course Venue, Times and Meals
- The Incus Data Training venue is in Raslouw, Centurion. It is easy to get here from both Johannesburg and Pretoria, and you can also use public transport. For more information, look at the detailed map.
- The course starts at 08:30 every day. We will start at 08:00 if the delegates want and agree to this. An earlier start means an earlier finish, which helps to avoid traffic.
- The course ends between 16:00 and 16:30 every day. On Friday afternoons we try to end earlier.
- You must be on time. So check Google to see how long it will take to drive here. If you use the Gautrain, check the train and bus timetable. We might wait for you on the first day, but not on the next days. It is not cool to be late — you inconvenience the other people and the lecturer.
- We provide lunch. Lunch time is usually from 12:30 to 13:15. We have a comfortable dining room where you can eat, or you can choose to eat outside in our lovely gardens.
- Lunches are pre-arranged with our caterer. If you have special dietary needs, you need to let us know in advance. We can cater for vegetarians, people who don't eat beef / fish / pork, and some halaal requirements.
- There are two tea breaks during the morning, and one in the afternoon. There is always tea, coffee, hot chocolate, Game and water available. And there is a yummy selection of rusks and biscuits.
- We do not provide breakfast. If you arrive very early and want breakfast, there is a Wimpy nearby.