Web Services: A Management Overview
A web service is a software program that makes itself available over the internet for another system to use. Web services use a set of international standards for communication between different systems. This seminar will provide you with an overview of the role that web services can play in your organisation. It will give you an understanding of the functionality available, the various international standards involved, and the requirements to implement web services successfully.
|Duration:||1 day. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R2,100.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date.
You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12-666-2020 or cell/WhatsApp: (+27) 76-694-7705, or email us at email@example.com to find out about dates that suit you.
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the Web Services: A Management Overview course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend this Web Services seminar if:
- You are a Java programmer and you need to understand the role and requirements for web services.
- You are a Java architect or project leader and you need to understand the role of web services in your projects.
- You are a technical manager and you want to evaluate the role of web services for your organisation.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
There are no prerequisites for the Web Services Management Overview seminar. A familiarity with the Java language will, however, be of great benefit.
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for this course before you attend. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
If you are not sure which is the right course for you, please call us. We will be happy to advise you, based on your training goals and your experience.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have attended the Web Services Management Overview seminar, you will be able to:
- Recognise the advantages and disadvantages of implementing web services.
- Be aware of the technologies available and the differences between SOAP and RESTful web services.
- Understand the requirements for implementing web services at your organisation.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Web Services Overview and Technologies.
- Why use Web Services in enterprise applications.
- SOAP vs REST.
- SOAP web services as service oriented architectures (SOA).
- Web Service architecture, initiatives and specifications.
- Web Service Description Language (WSDL).
- Web Service Interoperability (WS-I).
- Second generation WS-* initiatives.
- RESTful web services as resource oriented architectures (ROA).
- Best practices and choosing the correct web service technology.
- SOAP Web Services.
- Exposing SOAP web service endpoints as JSE applications, servlets and EJBs.
- Code first vs contract first approaches to creating Web services.
- SOAP message envelope.
- Java APIs - JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JAXB.
- Consuming SOAP web services.
- RESTful Web services.
- Overview of HTTP features - HTTP methods, headers, query strings, status codes.
- HTTP methods and CRUD systems.
- Designing REST URLs.
- Data representations - XML, JSON, text.
- Implementation with various Java APIs - servlet API, JAX-RS, @WebServiceProvider.
- Consuming REST web services.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
This is a new course.
To get an idea of the quality you can expect, look at the testimonials for other related courses that we offer.
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.