JEE: A Management Overview
Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) is a collection of technologies for the Java platform that is designed to support large, complex software systems in a corporate environment. This seminar is for companies and individuals who are starting to use JEE and need an overview of the JEE architecture. The seminar will show you how all the technologies fit together, so that you can better understand their use.
|Duration:||1 day. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R2,100.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date.
You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12-666-2020 or cell/WhatsApp: (+27) 76-694-7705, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about dates that suit you.
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the JEE: A Management Overview course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend this JEE Overview seminar if:
- You are a programmer or system architect and you want a high-level understanding of the JEE environment.
- You are a project or programme manager, and you want a high-level understanding of the JEE environment.
- You are a technical manager and you want to evaluate the role of JEE for your organisation.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
There are no prerequisites for the JEE Management Overview seminar. A familiarity with the Java language will, however, be of great benefit.
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for this course before you attend. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
If you are not sure which is the right course for you, please call us. We will be happy to advise you, based on your training goals and your experience.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have completed the JEE Overview seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of distributed computing and component-based architectures.
- Understand the JEE architecture and choose appropriate JEE technology.
- Understand the role of web services in distributed computing.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Distributed Computing Overview
- Monolithic software development.
- Client-server model.
- Multi-tier development.
- Origins of and need for distributed computing.
- Component-based architectures and JEE containers.
- CORBA and Java IDL.
- RMI and RMI-IIOP
- Web Services: SOAP vs RESTful.
- JEE Application Servers and Containers
- JEE Application Servers (JAS).
- Servlet and EJB containers.
- IoC/DI containers.
- Container Services.
- JEE Technology, Container Services and APIs
- Servlets and Java Server Pages (JSP).
- Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB).
- Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI).
- Remote Method Invocation (RMI)
- RMI-IIOP (RMI over Internet Inter-ORB Protocol).
- Java Database Connectivity (JDBC).
- Java Persistence API (JPA).
- Java Transaction API (JTA) and Transaction Service (JTS).
- Java Message Service (JMS).
- JavaMail and Java Activiation Framework (JAF).
- JEE Connector Architecture (JCA).
- Java Authentication and Authorization Services (JAAS).
- The Role of Java Servlets and Java Server Pages (JSP)
- Static vs dynamic pages.
- HTTP requests, responses, cookies and sessions.
- Usage of servlets and JSP pages.
- JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL).
- JavaBeans and the MVC architecture.
- Web development frameworks e.g. JSF, Struts, Wicket
- The Role of EJBs
- EJBs as the core of a JEE application.
- EJB2 versus EJB3.
- Session beans as business processes.
- Message-driven beans as decoupled business processes.
- Entity beans as core business data.
- JPA as the heart of EJB3 persistence.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
"I have been on 6 week course for Java before and I got more out of the 8 hours today then the 6 weeks previously."
B. Jardine, FNB (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Probably one of the best courses I've been on. Concise and informative"
T. Beyers, FNB (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Wish I could attend the next four days! Thanks, I learned a lot and really enjoyed the course."
H. Pellissier, SAAB Systems Grintek (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Lewis Coosner was great and knew his subject well."
S. Bhikha, Computer Associates (Lecturer: Lewis)
"An excellent course; fitted my objectives exactly"
C. Card, Computer Associates (Lecturer: Lewis)
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.