|Duration:||5 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R8,700.00 excluding VAT per delegate. Prices valid from 1 February 2018.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date. You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12 666 2020 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about dates.|
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
- You must be able to code in HTML and CSS, and create HTML forms. If you can't code in HTML, or if you have only used a tool that does not show you the HTML code (like Dreamweaver), please first attend our HTML 5 and CSS course.
- You must already be a programmer and have experience in programming. If you have no programming background, start with our Introduction to Programming course.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
- Understand and use the Document Object Model to create interactive web pages.
- Understand the importance of progressive enhancement to ensure your web pages work in different browsers.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Cross-browser compatibility.
- Browser console.
- Graceful degradation and progressive enhancement.
- Statements and comments.
- Variables and constants.
- Data types and type conversion.
- Expressions and operators.
- Program flow: conditional and iterative statements.
- User-defined functions, parameters and return values.
- Strict mode.
- Introduction to error handling.
- Objects, properties and methods.
- Intrinsic language objects versus document objects.
- The Array object.
- The Date object.
- The Math object.
- The String object.
- Other objects: Number, Boolean, Function, RegExp.
- Custom Objects
- Programmer-defined objects.
- Object literals.
- For...in iteration.
- The Document Object Model
- History of the DOM.
- The DOM hierarchy.
- The window object: dialog boxes, timers and other methods.
- The location object.
- The history object.
- The navigator object.
- The screen object.
- The document object.
- Element and Node Object
- The Node object properties and methods.
- The Element object properties and methods.
- Creating and modifying elements and attributes.
- The Style object.
- Forms and Form Controls
- Properties and methods for the form object and the form controls.
- Event Handling
- HTML events.
- Registering event handlers
- Event handler invocation.
- Working with data
- Using XMLHttpRequest for AJAX.
- Using JSON.
- HTML 5 API
- Drag and drop.
- Web storage.
- Service worker.
- Concept of a framework.
- Comparison of frameworks.
- Working with JQuery.
- Introduction to AngularJS.
- Introduction to NodeJS.
- Best practices.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
"Great course and presentation."
M. Noko, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Charles)
"Charles is such an energetic and well knowlaged guy. These rooms are very nice!!! Keep up the good work Incus Data "You are LIT" (LOL)"
S. Ngubeni, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Charles)
"Great interactive course. Charles has extensive knowledge of the subject and presents in a fun interactive way. Fantastic venue with friendly staff and delicious food and snacks."
C. Sayers, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Charles)
"Excellent in all respects. I now have plenty to practise!"
L. Pfaff, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Charles)
"The course was excellent. I really achieved what I had to and enjoyed the process."
L. Fouche, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Charles)
"I enjoyed the course, love the way in which it was presented. Charles is "Pro""
A. Maharaj, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Charles)
"Staff is fantastic. Everything was better than I thought, much, much better."
M. Phage, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Charles)
"Jacqui explains well, and answered all my questions satisfactorily. I really enjoyed this course, and can't wait to apply what I have learned."
A. Erasmus, CEO Communications (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Very excellent and impressive."
P. Phetla, Unisa (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"I would recommend this course to any person with some prior HTML and CSS experience and is interested in learning some JS to enhance the quality of their websites and add more functionality."
D. Meier, Private (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Well presented course with lecturer well versed in the subject."
D. Kahts, Unisa (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Great as always! Thanks a lot."
B. du Preez, BMW (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"The course is great, well structured. The lecturer knows a lot and I'm greatly inspired to attain such knowledge."
S. Masoka, CSIR (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Course was very interesting and the presenter always motivated us to take more interest & pride in our work."
S. Lupuwana, BHP Billiton (Hillside) (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Very knowledgeable lecturer, good presenter"
R. Booyens, VentureWeb (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"I was very impressed with the lecturer, even though we informed her late of our object model she managed to be flexible. Thank you Jacqui"
A. Ngxonono, SARS (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Jacqui was utterly professional and knows her subject intimately. This is a training establishment I would most definitely recommend to others."
P. Crous, ABSA (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"One of the best lecturer's I've had on a course."
R. Snider, ABSA (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Enjoyed Jacqui! Never a dull moment. Very confident, dedicated woman. Thank you!"
D. Douglas, ABSA (Lecturer: Jacqui)
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.